When the weather gets warmer, make dressing easy when you choose to wear a dress. Dresses can be all personality if you choose one in a flashy print, bold color or high tech fabric. Or you can add personality to a simple dress with your choice of earrings, necklaces, bracelets, handbags, and shoes.
If you haven’t worn a dress recently, it would be a great idea to try on a variety of styles.
Here are some of the key dress styles of the season. I’ve grouped them with an emphasis on style personality. See if you find a few that sound enticing.
To satisfy your feminine self, try these dress styles.
- Dresses with ruffles either at the hemline, the neckline, or the sleeves
- Lace dresses in yellow or purple
- Dresses with appliques or embroidery
To satisfy your natural, tomboy self, try these dresses.
- A denim dress
- A simple halter style knit dress
- A striped wrap dress
To satisfy your dramatic self, try these dresses.
- One shoulder dresses
- A floral print dress with oversized roses on it
- A column dress with a long side slit
To satisfy your alluring self, try these dresses.
- Dresses in transparent print fabrics
- Short knit dresses
- Empire dresses
To satisfy your comfortable self try these dresses
- Small flower prints
- Fuller skirt
- Large stripe
Accessorizing your dresses
- When wearing a multi-layered dress consider adding a leather belt to the waist to create some definition and a focal point.
- Wear a knit column dress with a funky low slung wide hip belt.
- Wear a long pendant with an oversized A-line dress.
- Wear larger totes or bags with dresses with lots of volume.
- Add a wide scarf as a wrap for a sleeveless dress.
- To make a dress appear less girly, wear a chunky heeled sandal
A few final dress tips from Pam
- If you’re worried about the heat choose a dress without a collar. It’ll be cooler than one with a collar.
- On that note, fuller dresses create more natural ventilation.
- Wearing a full slip under a dress can keep a dress from clinging.
- Choosing to wear a dress in your favorite print can make you feel cheerful all day.
- There’s no reason to fret about hem lengths. You’ll find dresses with short hemlines or hemlines at the knee, below the knee, at the calf, or all the way down to your ankles.
Make this the year you express yourself in a dress (or two or three) that brings you delight.
Let me help you select dresses that relate to your personality and flatters your figure. Together we’ll address the dress! Give me a call at 203.798.0718 or email me at [email protected].